In the course of using this website, personal data about you will be processed by us as the data controller and stored for the period necessary to fulfill the specified purposes and legal obligations. In the following, we will inform you about what data is involved, how it is processed and what rights you have in this regard.
According to Canada`s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Data Protection Principles
All personal data must be:
- processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to the data subject;
- collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes; further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes shall not be considered to be incompatible with the initial purposes subject to appropriate safeguards, and provided that there is no risk of breaching the privacy of the data subject.
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which it is processed;
- accurate and where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data that is inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, is erased or rectified without delay;
- kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which the personal data is processed; personal data may be stored for longer periods insofar as the personal data will be processed solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes subject to implementation of the appropriate technical and organizational measures required by the Regulation in order to safeguard the rights and freedoms of the data subject;
- processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organizational measures;
What are the purposes for processing?
- Provision of the website, its contents and functions.
- Provision of contractual services, service and customer care.
- Answering contact enquiries and communication with users.
- Marketing, advertising and market research.
- Security measures.
What are the relevant legal bases for processing your data?
The following informs you about the legal basis of us processing your data and unless the legal basis is not specifically mentioned, the following applies:
- Consent – This is where we have asked you to provide explicit permission to process your data for a particular purpose.
- Contract – This is where we process your information to fulfill a contractual arrangement, we have made with you.
- Answering your business enquiries – This is where we process your information to reply to your messages, e-mails, posts, calls, etc.
- Legitimate Interests – This is where we rely on our interests as a reason for processing, generally this is to provide you with the best products and service in the most secure and appropriate way. Of course, before relying on any of those legitimate interests we balance them against your interests and make sure they are compelling enough and will not cause any unwarranted harm.
- Legal Obligation – This is where we have a statutory or other legal obligation to process the information, such as for the investigation of crime.
If you are a Citizen or resident of Canada, you have the following rights:
- to request for information,
- to inspect information,
- to amendment of information,
- to lodge a complaint,
- to opt out from marketing,
- to be informed on how your data is processed,
- to have information relating to marketing deleted
Your GDPR Rights
If you are a European Citizen or resident, you have the following rights:
- to confirmation as to whether data relating to them is being processed,
- to information about the data processed, to further information about the data processing and to copies of the data;
- to correction or completion of incorrect or incomplete data;
- to immediate erasure of the data concerning them;
- to receive the data concerning them and provided by them and to transfer this data to other providers/controllers;
- to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority if they are of the opinion that the data concerning them is being processed by the provider in breach of data protection provisions.
The above rights may be limited in some circumstances, for example, if fulfilling your request would reveal personal information about another person, if you ask us to delete information which we are required to have by law, or if we have compelling legitimate interests to keep it. We will let you know if that is the case and will then only use your information for these purposes. You may also be unable to continue using our services if you want us to stop processing your personal information.
Please direct all requests for information, requests for information or objections to data processing to us.
Processing of personal data and purposes of processing
a) When visiting the website
You can visit our website without having to disclose any information about your identity. The browser used on your device only automatically sends information to the server of our website (e.g., browser type and version, date and time of access) to enable the website to establish a connection. This also includes the IP address of your requesting end device. This is temporarily stored in a so-called log file and automatically deleted after 9 weeks at the latest:
The processing of the IP address is carried out for technical and administrative purposes of connection establishment and stability, in order to ensure the security and functionality of our website and to be able to pursue any illegal attacks on it if necessary.The legal basis for the processing of the IP address is our legitimate interest which follows from the aforementioned security interest and the necessity of a trouble-free provision of our website.From the processing of the IP address and other information in the log file, we cannot draw any direct conclusions about your identity.
To provide our website, we use the services of Hostinger who process the above-mentioned data and all data to be processed in connection with the operation of this website on our behalf.
The legal basis for the data processing is our legitimate interest.
c) Contacting us
If you contact us, we process the following data from you for the purpose of processing and handling your enquiry: Name, contact details -if provided by you- and your message.The legal basis of the data processing is our obligation to fulfil the contract and/or to fulfil our pre-contractual obligations in and/or our legitimate interest.
d) Contract fulfilment and data management in the context of service provision
We process various data within the framework of the provision of our services and for the initiation and processing of the existing contractual relationship between you and us.If you have commissioned us to provide a service, we process your data (if provided: Name, contact details) and all information that is necessary in the context of fulfilling the services, exclusively for the purpose of processing and handling the contractual relationship.Accordingly, the data is processed on the basis of our contractual relationship as well as to fulfil our legal obligations.
The provision of services may also require the use of your personal information in context of third-party services (i.e. Skype, Discord), to whom you pass on your personal information directly. The scope of the data depends on the information you provide before or during participation in the service and naturally we have no influence on how those service providers process your personal data.
Transfer of personal data to third parties
Except in the aforementioned cases of processing on behalf, we will only pass on your personal data to third parties if:
- you have given your express consent to this;
- this is necessary for the fulfillment of a contract with you,
- in the event that there is a legal obligation for the disclosure.
The data passed on may be used by the third party exclusively for the purposes stated. A transfer of personal data to a third country or an international organization is excluded, subject to the data processing listed herein.
Team BAS is entitled to outsource the processing of your personal data in whole or in part to external service providers acting as processors for Team BAS within the framework of the PIPEDA and the GDPR. External service providers support us, for example, in the technical operation and support of the website, data management, the provision and performance of services, marketing, as well as the implementation and fulfilment of reporting obligations.
Personal data may also be disclosed to third parties if we are legally obliged to do so e.g., by court order or if this is necessary to support criminal or legal investigations or other legal investigations or proceedings at home or abroad or to fulfil Team BAS’ legitimate interests.
Cookies and tracking pixels
We use Google Analytics on our website, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc, In this context, pseudonymized usage profiles are created and cookies are used. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website such asBrowser type/version,operating system used,Referrer URL (the previously visited page),host name of the accessing computer (IP address),time of the server request,are transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there.
In addition, we have concluded a processing agreement with Google for the use of Google Analytics. Through this contract, Google assures that they process the data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and ensure the protection of the rights of the data subject.The information is used to evaluate the use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services related to website and internet use for the purposes of market research and demand-oriented design of these web pages.
This information may also be transferred to third parties if this is required by law or if third parties process this data on our behalf. Under no circumstances will your IP address be merged with other Google data. The IP addresses are anonymized so that an assignment is not possible (IP masking).You can prevent the installation of cookies by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser software. However, we would like to point out that in this case not all functions of this website can be used to their full extent.
The tracking measures by Google Analytics are carried out on the basis ofour legitimate interest. In this way, we want to ensure a needs-based design and the ongoing optimization of our website. On the other hand, we use Google Analytics to statistically record the use of our website. Furthermore, we use the data for the optimized playout of advertising content. These interests are considered legitimate in the sense of the aforementioned provision.
On our website, we implement videos of the video portal “YouTube” of the company Google Inc.
Doing so, we use the “extended data protection mode” option provided by Google. When you call up a page that has an embedded video, a connection is established to Google’s servers and in the process the content is displayed on the website by notifying your browser. According to Google’s information, in “extended data protection mode” your data – in particular which of our Internet pages you have visited as well as device-specific information including the IP address – is only transmitted to the YouTube server in the USA when you watch the video. By clicking on the video, you consent to this transmission.
If you are logged in to Google at the same time, this information will be assigned to your YouTube member account. You can prevent this by logging out of your member account before visiting our website.
We use social plug-ins (YouTube, Discord, Twitch) on our website on the basis of our legitimate. Through the plug-ins, no direct contact is established from the user’s browser to the servers of the providers. By clicking on the respective plugin, the user is redirected to the website of the provider. We have no influence on the processing of personal data on third-party websites.
All data transmitted by you personally will be encrypted using the generally accepted and secure standard TLS (Transport Layer Security). TLS is a secure and proven standard that is also used, for example, in online banking. You can recognize a secure TLS connection, among other things, by the appended s at the http (i.e. https://..) in the address bar of your browser or by the lock symbol in the lower area of your browser.
We also use appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or against unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
Updating your information
If you believe that the information, we hold about you is inaccurate or that we are no longer entitled to use it and want to request its rectification, deletion, or object to its processing, please do so within your account or contact us. For your protection and the protection of all of our users, we may ask you to provide proof of identity before we can answer the above requests.
Keep in mind, we may reject requests for certain reasons, including if the request is unlawful or if it may infringe on trade secrets or intellectual property or the privacy of another user. Also, we may not be able to accommodate certain requests to object to the processing of personal information, notably where such requests would not allow us to provide our service to you anymore.
Links to other providers
Our website also contains – clearly recognizable – links to the websites of other companies. Insofar as there are links to websites of other providers, we have no influence on their contents. Therefore, no guarantee or liability can be assumed for these contents. The respective provider or operator of the pages is always responsible for the content of these pages.
The linked pages were checked for possible legal violations and recognizable infringements at the time of linking. Illegal contents were not recognizable at the time of linking. However, permanent monitoring of the content of the linked pages is not reasonable without concrete indications of a legal violation. Such links will be removed immediately if infringements of the law become known.
Personal information and children
Our services are aimed at people aged 18 and over. We will not knowingly collect, use or disclose personal information from minors under the age of 18 without first obtaining consent from a legal guardian through direct offline contact.
Concerns and Contact
If you have any concerns about a possible compromise of your privacy or misuse of your personal information on our part, or any other questions or comments, you can contact us.